Our mission is to help software companies succeed – enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
We’re early in our journey but making great progress: Deloitte Fast 50 named us the fastest growing software company in the UK (we’ve tripled revenue every year since our launch in 2012), and we’ve raised over $17m in funding from incredible investors such as Notion, BGF and Kindred.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to come in to own and define our product marketing strategy and help us increase adoption of our platform across our various target markets thanks to clear and compelling messaging.
We started product marketing last year and have built a solid foundation for you to take over. You will build an intimate knowledge of our customer needs in each market, create strong messaging and a compelling narrative around our platform and produce the most appropriate collaterals, from webinars to guides, to convince and assist our customers. As we are rapidly scaling both product and sales teams and increasing both the depth of our platform and the breadth of our target markets, it’s a great time to join us and help us build a world class dedicated product marketing function.
In your first 6 months
- You’ll get a lot of training from all teams, particularly on our customers and our platform. You’ll rapidly go from listening to talking and making decisions.
- You’ll create a lot of content about our platform, for existing and potential customers – on our website, in our blog, as a comprehensive guide… You will also help our Content Manager with any platform-related content.
- You’ll own the launch of our products – to whom, when, and how we announce it and will work with each of our Product Managers on the definition and communication of the benefits of both our existing platform and upcoming launches.
- You’ll define and own product marketing processes that will scale with our rapid growth.
- You’ll be involved in our Go To Market planning: you’ll participate in our current discussions and will have a direct impact on our GTM strategy for the end of 2018 and beyond.
- You’ll support our Sales and Customer Success teams with messaging, collaterals, guides and training.
What you’ll do
- You’ll build and spread a shared understanding of the needs, frustrations and product knowledge of our sellers, together with our product managers and sales and success teams.
- You’ll define the messaging of our product, value proposition and unique differentiators and make sure it’s communicated clearly on our website, documentation and sales collaterals.
- You’ll be an integral part of our go-to-market strategy, defining the timing, content and channels we use to launch new features and platform improvements.
- You’ll help potential and existing sellers, who are mainly developers, understand how our platform could help and get the most out of it thanks to actionable guides and documentation, working with both our product and our implementation teams to leverage their technical expertise.
- You have worked in product marketing for a tech company, ideally a SaaS startup, for at least a couple of years.
- You have demonstrable success in defining the right messaging and pushing it to the right audience at the right time.
- You are comfortable with tech and will easily chat with a developer or product manager to figure out the implications or benefits of a change we’re making.
- You produce great content, whether it’s short or long form, text or video.
- You love figuring out how to best help customers succeed.
- You have worked with an audience made of CTOs and developers in the past.
- You have worked in a B2B fintech, billing or developer tool in the past.
- You have taught yourself to code.
Our process follows these steps
- Initial 15-20 min phone screen with our Talent team to learn more about your goals and experience.
- Short homework that you will discuss in a face to face 60 min interview with our Head of Marketing. We’ll also dive into your experience, the role and give you the opportunity to learn more about us.
- 2h working session in our office where you will present a plan to our Head of Marketing and Chief Product Officer. You will also meet more people in the marketing and product teams to see what it’s like to work here and ask any questions you’d still have.
- Decision: we aim to make decisions fast (within a couple of days) and if both our team and you are excited to start working together, we’ll make you an offer.
We understand that your circumstances may require adapting this process – whether you’re based outside the UK or have competing offers, let us know and we’ll do our best to make it work for you. In all cases, we aim to give you feedback within days.
What’s in it for you
We are a diverse team of 60 people (quickly on our way to 100+) based near London Bridge. We care deeply about enabling a great culture as we scale, which is inclusive no matter your background, rewarding for you and enables high performance, which is why we offer these (constantly evolving) benefits:
- Fair compensation: you’ll get a competitive salary, share options to succeed if we do, and pension contributions matched up to 3%.
- Empowered to succeed: transparent culture where you can speak up and have an impact, work the way you prefer whether it’s the latest Macbook, a standing desk or flexible hours, and 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Meaningful work: highly collaborative work culture with a tangible impact of your work on our success and that of our customers.
- Enjoyable team work: very friendly and respectful culture, lots of free food from a welcome team meal to Tuesday catered lunches to Friday drinks and your pick of social activities, whether you want to join our football team, in-office yoga lessons or board game nights.
- Learning & growing: constant exposure to new challenges as we’re one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, dedicated on-boarding as well as regular internal and external training we’ll pay for.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up-to-date on new opportunities at Paddle!Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.