Do you want to be a part of a dynamic customer focused sales team for a progressive fast growing company? The company is recognised as an industry leader specializing in the design, manufacture and supply, highly efficient lighting products specifically for applications in the commercial market place.
Job title: Regional Sales Manager
This role will cover the Southern region of the UK.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Implement sales and marketing activities to grow the revenue and profitability from the geographical area. This includes managing lighting projects from concept / specification stage, through to securing an order either directly from a contractor or via a wholesaler.
- Proactively plan and manage appointments to existing and potential new clients.
- Respond effectively to sales enquiries via email, phone and in person.
- Manage and develop relationships with existing and new customers through planned individual account support.
- Liaise with internal sales personnel.
- Develop and seek new business opportunities.
- Participate in and lead meetings/seminars/exhibitions/conferences both inside and outside the dedicated sales area when required.
- Demonstrate sample products and launch new products and present the associated marketing collateral.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports detailing the sales activity, opportunities and market conditions.
- Maintain accurate records on the dedicated company database.
- Attend training sessions on new products and developments.
- Attend site visits as required, which could include for example visits to sites under construction, mental health institutions, rail related sites and prisons.
- Support and work as a team with other field based colleagues including acting as a mentor to other sales team members as required.
- Person profile
- Self -driven, results orientated, and with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality standards.
- An independent person with good organization and planning skills, who is capable of objectively assessing and improving their own performance.
- Mature in outlook, credible, determined and comfortable when dealing with senior personnel.
- Must be reliable, tolerant, and be able to work under pressure in meetings. The ability to be professional at all times and represent the company in a professional manner is a prerequisite.
- Tenacity and the ability to see things through to the end goal are desired traits.
- An opportunist who naturally looks for ways to create and explore avenues of business.
- Must be able to work alone as well as work within a team.
- Must hold a current UK driving license, ideally one which is ‘clean’.
- From time to time must have the flexibility to work away on business, e.g. attending corporate functions, exhibitions and meetings. When required, needs to be able to work extra hours to accommodate the business needs.
Specific Job needs
- Must possess excellent communication skills both orally and written.
- The ability to understand CAD drawings would be an advantage.
- Must be able to construct and deliver professional presentations.
- Ideally a recognised electrical industry qualification or a similar technical qualification or background.
- Should live within the geographical territory.
- Good knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office and basic data base skills.
- Must be able to understand basic math’s calculations and be competent to correspond via email and letters in a professional manner.
- Commercial Skills
- Must be an excellent face to face communicator.
- Should possess strong negotiation skills.
- One of the keys to success is to develop professional relationships with decision makers and so the ability to ‘connect’ with people and build networks should come naturally.
- Telephone communication skills of a high standard.
- The ideal candidate will already have a successful background within the lighting industry,
- though candidates with demonstrable track records in specification project sales to Electrical
- Consulting Engineers and Contractors will be considered.
Set up a job alert.