Are you an ambitious Sales Account Manager with a well-rounded background in both face to face and over the phone client relationships? Are you excellent at looking after an existing client base? If so, our client would like to hear from you. They are a well-established, SME production business based in Stockport and supply manufactured products internationally. Due to ongoing growth, they are now looking to recruit an experienced Sales Account Manager to support their team and help develop new sectors.
This Sales Account Manager role is about managing an existing client base and ensuring the best service is both offered and maintained, to upsell and cross sell to these accounts where appropriate, generate new business opportunities, liaise with supplies and meet with clients.
To be successful in this role you will need to have experience within a sales account manager position and be able to understand the intricacies of maintaining a profitable client and capitalising on all existing business opportunities within those client accounts.
The role will include a variety of account management tasks, some travelling in the UK and overseas, which will require someone with an open mind and a professional attitude at all times.
If you are looking to move from internal to external sales, have strong account management skills, want to work for a company that value both their clients and their staff, then this role could be right up your street.
Main duties to include:
- Managing in house as well as your own customer accounts
- Upsell and cross sell to existing accounts where appropriate
- Visiting existing customers to ensure quality and satisfaction is maintained
- Reviewing new markets, following up on sales enquiries, developing your own portfolio
- Liaising with customers (UK & Europe) and factories overseas (Europe & Asia)
- Working closely with the sales admin team to follow up processes from order to delivery
- Ensuring customer artwork liaison is maintained
- Meet potential clients face to face
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions (UK & Abroad)
- Foreign travel may be involved a few times a year
- Working to pre agreed targets
We are looking for:
- Experience of working in sales account manager role
- Experience of business to business sales
- Ability to prioritise work load effectively
- Used to working ‘collaboratively’ with internal/external customers
- Organised and thorough
- Outgoing, welcoming and a personable nature
- Excellent telephone manner and keen interest in building business relationships
- Good IT skills and comfortable using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) as well as databases
- Full driving licence
- Manufacturing, production or technical sales experience would be an advantage although not essential
In return you can expect:
- Salary: circa £25k (dependant on experience)
- Uncapped commission
- Annual bonus
- Company car (Golf or similar)
- Hours: 8:30am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- Holidays: 20 days paid holiday (rising to 24 with length of service) plus Bank Holidays
- Free parking
If you are interested in this position please contact Corinne on: 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV, quoting reference number: 2943 and where you saw the job advertised.
Please note: Map location is not accurate and is only provided as a guide to the job location.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.