An integral part of the Redrow Sales team, The Sales Consultant is Redrow’s ‘ambassador’ to prospective and existing customers. Responding to all leads generated, our Sales Consultants work hard to close sales at the earliest opportunity whilst obtaining the best prices. At Redrow the Sales Consultant will be actively involved with all parties to achieve legal completion, and will ensure that the highest levels of customer satisfaction are delivered to all our customers.
Sales Targets, Revenues and Performance
- Maximise sales revenue for development and profitability by achieving agreed sales targets and seeking opportunities to sell extras/upgrades and negotiate prices higher than the ‘base price’.
Presentation of sales area and development
- Carry out daily inspections to ensure accurate visual signage on and off the development directs customers effectively to the Marketing Suite; rectify if appropriate and advise Area Sales Manager.
- Ensure that all available digital marketing tools (eg Redrow TV, redrow.co.uk and synchronix) are switched on, working and drawn to customers’ attention and that any faults are reported until they are fixed.
- Ensure that the show home and marketing suite presentation and cleanliness are maintained to a high standard at all times and that remedial matters are resolved as soon as possible and cost effectively.
- Ensure site ‘Red pages’ is up to date with all relevant site information and local amenities to assist prospective customers in the buying process.
- ‘Stock plots’ inspected at least weekly to ensure same high standards as show homes in terms of cleanliness and presentation both internally and externally.
- Inspect cleaning and landscaping to ensure completed to company standards and endeavour to resolve any issues with the external contractors; report outstanding matters to Area Sales Manager.
- Ensure a plentiful supply of all literature and stationery is available by regularly monitoring the same and that all printed information in the sales offices is well displayed at all times and report any potential Property Mis-descriptions Act discrepancies to Area Sales Manager.
- Correct wearing of full sales uniform, name badge and appropriate indoor/outdoor footwear in order to comply with corporate dress code. Correct PPE to be worn on site at all times.
- Respond to all leads and enquiries, whatever the source, and dispatch appropriate information as required within the specified timescales/as prompted by prevailing company system (SBMS) and procedures.
- Follow up leads with a view to making appointments for customer to view show homes and/or stock plots.
- In accordance with prevailing Company procedures, collect, record and utilise accurate data regarding prospective customers, and make the information available for use by the divisional sales team and Group marketing. New enquiries to be entered directly into the computer system (SBMS). Information to be entered on the day it is obtained into the SBMS system and particular attention paid to ensure that the information in the system is complete and accurate by close of business on Fridays.
- Meet, greet and welcome prospective customers; qualify them to thoroughly understand their requirements in order to tailor a demonstration to their needs with a view to gaining their commitment to buying a Redrow Home and then closing a sale at the earliest opportunity and at the best price.
- Demonstrate show homes and individual plots as appropriate, making most effective use of sales tools including Redrow TV and redrow.co.uk to enhance demonstration or in absence a particular house type to demo.
- Effectively promote the relevant support Redrow offers customers eg Mastermove, Easibuy, Home Buy Direct, NewBuy as well as customer choices/extras in accordance with company procedures and to optimise overall value of the sale.
- Ensure all prospects are qualified by nominated Mortgage Broker and placed with a preferred Solicitor.
- If prices change/new scheme/phases launched, re-trawl existing leads and contact customers as appropriate.
- In cases of Part Exchange, obtain full details and follow prevailing Company procedures, including taking overall responsibility for the sales operation of the PX property.
- Ensure purchase information and customer discussions are in line with the Consumer Code and PMA.
- As far as possible maintain some degree of structure to the working day, e.g. ensure the sales area is ready for opening and then spend the first hour focussing on ‘task bar’ actions in the SBMS computer system, making outbound customer calls and on communication with the Site Manager.
Post Reservation Requirements
- On a daily basis, keep full and accurate information on SBMS regarding contract chasing, customers’ extras, and all communications with the customer and any other matters concerning the plot.
- Reservations to be input directly into the computer system.
- Ensure CML’s are faxed to divisional office to ensure notices are served in line with monthly targets.
- Systematically communicate with all parties involved in a customer’s sale and plot purchase to ensure contracts are exchanged within the deadline set. Communicate a full summary of this information to the divisional office in order to ensure that internal colleagues give consistent information to customers. Post reservation, progress chasing with customer and their third parties to achieve required timescale to exchange and complete.
- Throughout customer journey make customer feel valued and important and manage their expectations with a view to achieving customer satisfaction targets.
- The Site Manager will inspect each dwelling thoroughly on build completion. Only accept plots that are properly completed, cleaned and finished to a good and acceptable standard. Communicate outcome effectively with Sales Co-ordinator both verbally and via SBMS.
- Handle any customer requirements after legal completion and occupation with empathy and efficiency in accordance with Group procedures and with the objective of ensuring that customers recommend Redrow when asked.
- Comply with all other Sales Consultants’ responsibilities as laid down in Customer Services procedures and as reviewed from time to time.
Market Knowledge and Awareness
- Contribute to the marketing of the site in terms of considering and suggesting new ideas to generate interest and suggesting to sales management suitable photo/video material for digital promotion of the development on websites and property portals.
- Conduct research to provide market intelligence to line manager on what the competition, second hand and rental markets are achieving; and also in order to specify the features and benefits Redrow offers by comparison.
- Attend all promotional events associated with own development.
- Identify appropriate opportunities for signage
- Check redrow.co.uk at least weekly to ensure development information is correct, together with any property portals Redrow may be marketing and notify Sales Administrator of any inaccuracies.
- Understand the build process, keep up to date with developments in the product and utilise to achieve sales.
- Develop a good working relationship with the Site Manager, maintain a working knowledge of the build progress of each plot, and update customers on a weekly basis, being mindful of the need to under promise and over deliver.
- Hold a weekly sales/site meeting with the Site Manager to discuss in detail plot and sales progress, presentation, customer choices and extras and customer service.
- Communicate effectively through appropriate use of the day book, the diary on SBMS and by telephone calls to ensure development is properly “handed over” to incoming colleague.
- Regularly attend sales/build meetings at divisional office to exchange ideas/information between development and divisional team including reporting on factors affecting sales/conversion rates, actions job holder has taken/ideas to promote development locally, effectiveness of current divisional/group marketing activity and on local competitor activity both new build and second hand markets.
- At all times comply with all relevant company policies, procedures and processes, including information technology and sales related technological initiatives.
- Comply with Sales Consultants’ responsibilities as defined in the Group’s Health & Safety & Environment Policy, with particular responsibility for the Health & Safety of members of the public.
- Contribute to improving the business and enhancing the reputation of the company by putting forward new ideas and by implementing change when requested to do so.
Set up a job alert.