Macfarlane Group PLC is the UK’s largest packaging distributor and we are seeking to hire an experienced and proactive B2B Internal Sales person to join our established team in Reading. We enjoy a dynamic sales driven culture and are passionate about providing fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions augmented by outstanding customer service. As a Group we are continuing to grow significantly and always keen to attract capable sales professionals to our business.
Sales Development Lead Role
Reporting to the Commercial Manager at site your responsibilities will include:
- Making outbound calls to help identify & engage with prospective new customers
- Routinely calling lapsed accounts to help win customer renewals
- Conducting proactive account development to achieve up-sell/cross-sell opportunities
- Orchestrating, leading & participating in a range of promotional campaigns & sales days/events
- Working closely in partnership with all site departments to ensure sales & profitability optimisation across all sales territories
- Maintaining high standards of administration & CRM system updates at all times
- Working effectively to achieve set sales activity & commercial targets
- Develop a sound working knowledge over time of our extensive product range and customer solutions
Do you have the correct profile?
In order to apply for this opportunity, applicants will ideally meet with the below criteria:
- Be able to demonstrate previous success operating within a similar B2B internal/ inside (phone based) sales role
- Be familiar and comfortable with (and motivated by) working to set sales activity & commercial targets, a self-starter who enjoys the challenge that sales presents
- A proven ability to use charisma, communication skills and interpersonal skills to proactively win business and generate/attract new customers and increase revenues
- A good level of proficiency in mathematics, English (written & verbal) combined with sound computer literacy (including Outlook email, MS Word/Excel & preferably previous experience of using a CRM system)
- An ability to multi-task and prioritise own workload and thrive working within a small office team environment
- As this is a ‘development’ role, applicants may also show a desire to one day move into field sales (not essential but advantageous)
In return we offer a competitive basic starting salary along with a range of incentive schemes that can significantly enhance earning potential. We also provide a flexible employee benefits scheme that includes: 25 days annual leave (plus includes bank holidays) additional holiday purchasing scheme, contributory pension, childcare vouchers & employee discount scheme. Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
This is a key hire for the business, whereby we are seeking the successful applicant to commence ASAP. Shortlisted applicants can therefore expect to be invited swiftly for local interview. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can expect to hear back from us within five working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASEAlert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.