This is an exciting Technical Sales and Customer Service role, within a very strong and close knit internal Sales Team.
The role reports directly to our Sales Director, who oversees the customer process from enquiry through to delivery and associated after sales activity.
The successful candidate will be a senior day to day customer service agent and relationship manager for the company. Dealing with enquiries, preparing quotations and processing orders, to customer specifications. All the while ensuring the highest levels of customer service, to consistently exceed our customer’s expectations. To succeed in this role you’ll be passionate about; engineering and technical products, developing strong business relationships and delivering the very best service to our valued customers.
The role demands will be exciting and varied, driven by our global customers order requirements. As a result it requires a ‘pro-active team player’, who is capable of prioritising tasks, re-prioritising work demands as urgent orders come in and communicating effectively with both our customers, internal teams and external suppliers.
Being the face and voice of the company, comes with a high level of trust. Therefore an accountable, honest and mature outlook is necessary, as you are directly responsible for your own designated customer accounts and the associated decision making processes.
We are very much ‘one team’ and as a result the willingness to embrace our company behaviours: Cooperation, Respect, Honesty, Positivity, and Proactivity, as well as ability to support colleagues, working closely and professionally with other Departments and Management, is absolutely essential.
- A minimum of 3 years Account Management, Sales Management or Senior Sales Executive experience, within a busy Sales Desk environment.
- Proven sales experience within an Engineering field or with a technical product, is essential.
- A proven track record of managing and developing both new and existing customer relationships through all communication platforms i.e. face to face, over the phone, via Skype and email etc.
- A demonstrable track record of achieving and exceeding sales and/or customer service targets.
- Ability to prioritise and re-prioritise tasks to adapt to a dynamic work flow.
- Confident to make decisions and be accountable for ensuring customer’s requirements are achieved, overcoming obstacles and barriers.
- Sales experience serving a wide and global customer base. Experience of working within a Sales framework that had Distributors and Re-Sellers is highly advantageous.
- Ability to communicate professionally internally and externally with numerous stakeholders e.g. customers, suppliers and internal departments.
- Competent IT user, with extensive CRM/ERP Software familiarity from a Quotation/Order Processing perspective.
- Extensive experience in creating and sending quotations directly to customers, ensuring they met all enquiry requirements.
- Sound commercial and general market awareness.
- A minimum of Grade A – C in GCSE (or equivalent) Maths, English and Science. A Level however is advantageous.
- The dynamic nature of the role would suit a candidate with experience of working within a Crane Hire, Tool Hire or Lifting Equipment Rental environment. Therefore, lifting industry exposure/experience is preferred and highly advantageous.
- Daily liaising over the phone and email with customers and suppliers.
- Sales relationship and quote follow up calls, as defined by daily schedules.
- Preparation of accurate and timely quotations through our CRM system, meeting the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Contract review, accurate and timely order processing through our CRM system and handover to the relevant Operations Team for order fulfilment.
- Ownership of the full sales process from enquiry through to order delivery, putting our customer first and keeping them updated.
- Learning our products to become passionate and knowledgeable when speaking with customers and to answer technical queries.
- Developing an awareness level understanding of shipping and export, to the extent necessary to be able to offer advice to customers on their requirements subject to their location.
- Keeping the CRM up to date with accurate notes of calls, meetings, quote status, enquiry status, pertinent customer and company information.
- Negotiating with suppliers on an enquiry to enquiry basis, to ensure our quotations are competitive for price, lead time and quality. Feeding back to suppliers if expectations were or were not met, to develop effective relationships.
- Championing the delivery of the company and team objectives, through your input to the Sales Team.
- Following internal processes for handling customer complaints and non-conformance, supporting internal teams and providing timely and professional customer updates.
- Assisting Accounts Department with any Credit Accounts required.
- Ad-hoc duties to assist the Managing Director and Sales Director with the smooth running of the wider Sales Team as required.
Development: At Modulift we are very ambitious and driven, ensuring our customers receive the very best from us. Last year alone we were excited to expand from 18 staff to 25. Internal growth and professional development programmes have been key to the company’s development. We want you to grow with us! Expansion this year is likely to take us nearer to 40 staff, the future at Modulift is a very bright one!
Competitive Salary: £20,000 – £28,000 DOE.
Location: Poole, Dorset – Primarily Office Based, however some Exhibition attendance and customer visits would be required.
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:30 to 17:30. Friday 08:30 to 16:00.
Pension: We provide a company pension scheme in accordance with UK legislative requirements.
Parking: Free parking, as well as a bike shelter.
Tea & Coffee: Provided to all employees.
How to Apply:
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply .
We’re professional people, looking for likeminded individuals, therefore we expect a professional application. For an application to be considered, an up to date CV must be submitted, supported by a tailored covering letter.
Further information about the role or our company can be requested by contacting our HR Co-Ordinator on +44 (0) 1202 621 511.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.