We have a very exciting new role for a sales Engineer to join our client who are based in Consett. This role is Field based so we welcome applicants from across the North East and Yorkshire areas. The successful applicant will report directly to the Sales Director and will be involved in selling company products and services to industry, mainly in central and north England.
The principal functions of the role will be maintaining existing customer relationships, developing new business and following up on lapsed customers. A large part of the job will rely on the candidate visiting customers’ sites in order to build and improve relationships and to identify business opportunities. The role is to be the first port of call for customers and then to work closely with the Consett based engineering and sales support team to quote, actively follow up and win the business.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can successfully manage a large geographical area and number of customers. A technical understanding of pumps and/or white metal bearings would be an advantage but is not essential. Of more importance is the ability to grow your customer base through regular and effective contact with key contacts.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Regularly visiting clients on site to maintain and grow existing business
- Generating and following up quotations
- Undertaking new customer research and prospecting for new business
- Building and maintaining key customer relations
- Generating new business leads
- Full UK driving licence
- 2+ years in a sales engineering role
- Must have a keen interest in engineering
- Demonstrable track record of winning new business and building long-term relationships with customers
- Knowledge of an engineering sector would be beneficial (mechanical engineering in particular)
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts unfortunately we are not always able to provide individual feedback. If you don’t hear from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will however keep your details on file, and you may be contacted about other opportunities in the future.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.