An Exciting Opportunity has arisen to join the team at our Durham office. We are looking for a high performing Sales Manager who is highly self-motivated, dynamic and possesses excellent communication skills.
Ideally the individual will have knowledge and experience of working within the structural steel industry specifically plates & profiles but all applications will be looked at individually.
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting sales targets for your team in line with Company strategy, monitoring and motivating your team to attain targets, maximising margin opportunities and develop niche positions in the market as well as compiling and analysing sales figures, and take appropriate actions from your findings.
- Monitor customer volume and margin against plan.
- Identify market opportunities.
- Build positive relationships with major customers and potentials.
- Set individual targets and apply team dynamics to ensure targets are achievement.
- Oversee sales initiatives e.g. sales calls, cold calling, product marketing, etc.
- Continuously measure performance against objectives and ensure that team members are appraised.
- Ensure that the sales team are operating in a compliant manner at all times.
- Be an active part of the sales team in quoting and placing orders on SAP on a daily basis.
- Develop employees and form a succession plan for the team.
- Ensure that sales training has been attended by all of the team and that it is embedded and embraced within the team.
- Sales management experience, preferably within a plates and profiling environment though not essential.
- Can demonstrate the successful leadership of a complex high performing team consistently achieving its objectives.
- Experience of agreeing and evaluating performance targets and measures.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Experience in identifying and meeting the training and development needs of a high performing team.
- Is an effective change manager and is able to identify opportunities for improvement and lead these through to delivering bottom line benefits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Must have experience of cost control and understand financial implications.
- Must have knowledge of processing capabilities and stock control.
- Must be computer literate and be able to use Microsoft excel and word.
About the business
Kloeckner Metals UK is the largest mill independent multi metal stockholder & distributor in the UK and Ireland, and a key member of the Kloeckner Company & Co. group, the largest producer independent distributor of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service centre companies in the European and American markets combined.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.