We are looking for a Sales Manager who is inspirational at coaching, motivating and getting the best from a talented sales team who are responsible for selling multi-media advertising options. The team are working to monthly financial targets, focusing on customers’ needs, creating advertising campaigns, meeting new clients and retaining existing business.
Based from our offices in Exeter, this is a hands-on operational role where you will be managing the team in terms of coaching, advice, running team meetings, setting targets, creating new leads, driving lapsed/existing customer contact, assisting with customer queries and having a strong digital strategy.
This opportunity involves managing a team of six that are split between office and field. They sell print and digital advertising solutions into our market-leading newspapers the Sidmouth Herald, Exmouth Journal and Midweek Herald; much-loved newspapers that have for many years connected local communities and businesses, whether in print or through their websites.
The role will also give you scope to liaise with content and circulation teams and to become a key member of the local management team. You will be involved in the ongoing development of our products, creating new digital strategies, injecting them with new ideas and seeing your brands go from strength to strength.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Experience of driving sales teams to achieve set targets
- Ability to motivate and boost morale
- Great customer contact strategies
- Ability to set and drive targets
- Digital savvy – creative with new solutions & ideas
- Strong sales background, ideally within media/advertising
- Tenacity, enthusiasm and determination
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal
- Experience of driving teams to achieve set targets
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS
- Basic starting salary of up to £30k
- Achievable monthly bonus scheme that rewards both effort and excellence with on-target earnings for team managers of £14,000 per annum
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
- Car allowance – £4,800
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Free weekly & monthly publications
- Cycle to work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
Very shortly after receiving your CV, if we are interested we will call you to understand why you believe you have all the right attributes and are perfect to be shortlisted for interview, so please be prepared and look forward to this phone call. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs – content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning ‘New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history – just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
- We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
- Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 40 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
- There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our Staff Forums and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
- Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
- Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Rolls Royce, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
- We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgAlert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.