To ensure sustained growth of non-match day conference and event turnover through proactive sales, and efficient management of the conference and events sales team to grow the sites C&E revenue. Create awareness to position The Stadium Of Light as one of the most prestigious conference and event venues in the UK. Strong knowledge of the conference sector is a must with established links and networks within both national and Sunderland corporate and booking agent markets.
Directly reporting to the General Manager and being a head of department they will have stature, gravitas and command respect along with providing day-to-day leadership, operational advice, best practice and guidance to the sales team in line with business objectives and company standards to achieve and maximise set targets.
Alongside sales skills a strong knowledge of all areas of profit/loss accounts and budgets are essential. They will need to identify remedial actions when challenges to agreed budget arise. With this in mind knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel is a must, as analysing data will be a key requirement to identify shortfall to budget. Creating proposals, reports and sales plans to explain to stakeholders the direction of the business are also required on a regular basis.
Ultimately, be a leader with a keen eye for developing people, have an established record in succession planning and cultural change. Be able to influence at all levels, be a self-starter and able to motivate and encourage a team to deliver success in a fast-paced, often pressurised environment. They will demand success from their team.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
As Sales Manager for Elior you will be expected:
- Proactively manage the annual site conference and event sales budget and business plan,meets and achieve challenging sales targets and exceed industry standards.
- Ensures offers and initiatives are implemented to deliver growth, profitability and continuousimprovement through all channels.
- Leads in the creation of the conference and event business plan, along with encouraging the sales team to contribute.
- Coordinates site sales activities as listed (but not limited to) below:
- Annually produce and implement a strategic conference and event business plan.
- Quarterly create a rolling marketing communications plan that is in agreement with the client’s Marketing Department.
- Every six months analyse data and present a sales strategy update.
- Produce a month end report with in depth detail of past month sales performance including conversion, business mix and lost business.
- Provide an accurate twelve-month sales forecast on a weekly basis, to monitor business on the books and where necessary, to achieve budget implement a short term action plan.
- Weekly produce accurate summaries for Accounts including year on year growth percentage.
- Grow, manage and sustain all key accounts through the support of the National Sales Manager, with account plans for each.
- Grow, manage and maintain all resellers and agents, through the assistance of the National Sales Manager, with account plans for each.
- Implements the company’s sales standards and procedures and actively monitor to ensure all set criteria are met, as per the Service Level Agreement (SLA). Evolve and develop said SLA.
- Liaise and work closely with the client’s marketing department to ensure the creation of branded marketing is per brand guidelines.
- Display solid knowledge of the conference and event industry and produce and shares industry intelligence as required to influence and develop the strategic direction of the Stadium Of Light offer.
- Think creatively and generate new ideas, to grow the business and enhance revenue and profitability for the unit in future years.
- Analyse conversion of business to quickly identify growth/loss, implement actions where necessary.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
As Sales Manager we look for the following:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in proactive sales is essential
- Recruit, manage, induct, train, motivate and appraise all direct reports versus targets.
- Conduct regular performance reviews with the team, ensuring appropriate training and development.
- Maintain standards to ensure succession and appraisal databases.
- Instil a culture of achievement so all sales staff projects a positive, approachable, and professional image to enhance customer retention and winning new business.
- Instigates and implements best practice at site level.
- Builds internal relationships, with the client to enable delivery of service offer.
- Builds external relationships to attract both sales and talent to the company.
- Takes an active role in working with other sales managers in implementing and delivering long term strategy.
- Comply with all statutory and company policies and procedures to enhance employee engagement retention and ensure the Investors in People accreditation.
CORE VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Because we believe that the whole eXperience matters as Sales Manager for Elior we look for:
- Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
- Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
- Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
SALARY & BENEFITS
£28K-£30K gross salary
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
40hrs/ full time
Tracey Chappell, National Sales Manager – Stadia & Concessions, email@example.com
19th May 2017