Liberty Speciality Steels is a global supplier focused on a wide variety of carbon, alloy and stainless steels meeting the needs of demanding applications around the world.
We are recognized experts in engineering steels technology, manufacture and applications through high quality electric arc steelmaking, world class re-melting facilities and established mill processing capabilities. We are environmentally conscious and the UK’s largest consumer of recycled steel. We are committed to safety, employee development and local community initiatives and offer careers in a wide ranging number of Engineering and Support function disciplines.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager to join our growing business. Within the role, you will develop and direct sales worldwide towards our core products in order to achieve or exceed planned sales levels at optimum sales margin, thereby contributing to the profitability of Speciality Steels. You will be responsible for ensuring that the business has adequate detailed information on each national market through close liaison with overseas selling agents and offices in order to allow sales plans to be made.
Key to success within the role will be the accurate forecasting of sales volumes and potential margins by national market and individual customers and by product to produce a sales model. You will ensure that the business gains and retains primary supplier status with customers in the UK markets and retains or gains second supplier status with major customers in targeted sectors and national markets. The incumbent of the role will maintain and develop close personal working relationships with key customers up to Managing Director level to provide long term associations in the interests of Speciality Steels
As a Sales Manager you will:
- Have proven sales experience of engineering steels with a commercial/business qualification to degree level is desirable. Fluency in relevant languages additional to English is a considerable advantage.
Desirable specialist knowledge includes:
- The steel industry and markets.
- The customers’ product and processes
- The capabilities and activities of our competitors
- Market conditions and the overall economic climate
- Basic metallurgical principles and international steel specifications
- Candidates will have the ability to communicate effectively strategies, proposals and instructions on a wide range of subjects both orally and in writing.
- A high level of inter-personal skills is required to develop relationships at all levels both with customers, other external and internal contacts.
National and international travel is required within this role
What you get:
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Company Car
- Generous pension scheme
- Private Medical
- Childcare Vouchers
- Various Retail discounts
Closing date for Applications: 30th June 2017
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.