To maximise sales and profit and increase the number of spending accounts within an assigned area by selling and promoting the company’s products and services. Personally contacting and securing business from new and existing customers. Promoting, selling and securing orders from current and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers within the assigned area/market segment to generate business for the company.
- Make telephone calls, in-person visits and presentations to current and prospective customers.
- Research sources to locate potential customers and determine their potential spend.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints and assist with the collection of debts where necessary.
- Coordinate the sales effort with the branches/branch managers, marketing and accounts departments.
- Analyse the territory/market potential and determine the value of current and prospective customers to the company.
- Plan and organise personal sales strategy by maximising the Return on Time Investment.
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer requirements, problems, interests, competitor activities and potential for new products or services. Keep an available file of meetings attended, dates and times, outcome of meetings and any follow up actions required.
- Keep abreast of new products, new innovations and new sales opportunities and promoting those products to current and prospective customers.
- Assist in the management of branches in the absence of branch managers or key personnel.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Read the Health & Safety Manual and be familiar with all the policies as outlined.
- Make themselves aware of all safety rules, procedures, safe working practices, and the significant findings of risk assessments applicable to their posts; where in doubt seek clarification.
- Ensure that offices, general accommodation, working areas, etc. are kept clean and tidy.
- Use protective clothing and safety equipment provided, and ensure that these are kept in good condition.
- To report any damage or defects to general work environment, equipment or plant that they become aware of to the management to reduce the risk of accidents.
- Not interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare.
- Not use equipment that they know to be faulty, or knowingly allow others to use it.
- Ensure that any accidents, whether or not injury occurs, potential hazards and near miss incidents are reported to the designated line manager.
Set up a job alert.