Parker Building Supplies is building Sussex and Kent’s future, one brick and block at a time. We supply a huge range of building, plumbing and joinery materials alongside specialist ironmongery, kitchens and bathrooms from 15 locations across the region – so wherever you are working you’ll find a Parker’s branch with knowledgeable staff ready to help and a delivery service second to none. We are proud to be Sussex and Kent’s favourite independent builder’s merchant.
We have five specialist divisions covering the complete range of building materials, plumbing supplies, kitchens, joinery and architectural ironmongery – over 10,000 products all at competitive prices. Our 15 heavy side branches are supplemented by specialist divisions, Parker Building Supplies, Parker Kitchens, Parker Plumbing Supplies, Parker Joinery & Parker Ironmongery
We have a vacancy for a Sales Supervisor in the region of Sussex.
Are you an Assistant Branch Managers or Sales Supervisor looking for your next challenge? We are looking for experienced ABM’s/SS’s to join us at a very exciting time for the Parker business.
What you will be responsible for:
Supporting the Branch Manager ensuring the smooth running of the branch, you will need good knowledge of the industry in order to drive sales and create strong customer relationships within the area. You will have the ability to deliver objectives and achieve targets whilst providing the highest standards of customer service.
A good wealth of the heavy side trade experience / similar role in previous employment is required for this position of the branch.
With excellent communication skills, you will have previous supervisory experience and the ability to deliver results through a team. You will have a good understanding of how to manage and maintain stock levels and ensure that health and safety is always adhered to.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Direct invoicing /queries
- Oversee sales team/ set individual targets/ update and report
- Drive sales initiatives/ promotions
- Coaching and mentoring
- Route planning for deliveries
- Breakdowns/ accident management
- Vehicle and plant servicing/ inspections and branch inspection
Health & Safety
- Administration of online health, safety and training site
- Accident investigations/ reporting
- Enforcement of health and safety
Up to £30,000 + package – Dependant on Experience
Hours of work:
Full time – 45 hours per week
The branch opening hours are Monday to Friday from 7am to 5.30pm and Saturdays from 8am to 12.30pm. You would be required to work 45 hours per week between these opening hours.
Who we are looking for:
- Good supervisory skills with a “can do” attitude
- Previous experience of carrying out a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to multitask, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Personable, outgoing and a team player
What you will receive:
In return for your hard work, we offer an excellent benefit package including a highly competitive rate of pay, a monthly bonus scheme, pension, discounted staff purchasing, WPA healthcare and long service benefits.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.