We are currently recruiting a Sales Support Executive to join a national manufacturing and distribution organisation. The role will develop sales through new business and existing account management, liaising closely with Key Account Managers, Estimators and Sales Centre Managers. Following up on project enquiries and logging accurate update using a bespoke system.
Our client offer end to end, bespoke services for a range of ironmongery solutions including; design and manufacture of door handles, hinges, bolts and signs. Ideally you will have previous sales experience within a builders merchants or a similar environment, working towards set targets and KPIs.
Ultimately the primary responsibility of the role is to ensure absolute customer satisfaction.
- Making outgoing calls to prospect for business with existing and potential customers
- Carry out market research via telephone and internet to identify sales targets and opportunities for further follow up by sales team
- Checking and monitoring for new/current opportunities and arranging mail outs – notifying Sales Centre Managers & Key Account Managers before sending.
- Managing updates in support of Key Account Managers and in-house accounts
- Updating new & existing customers with literature and pricing.
- Development of internal (non-project) sales using the Ironmongery and More proposition
- Proving support to KAMS with follow up on awarded projects to order stage.
- Liaise with KAMs and Estimators to feed back any information obtained during the chase process
- Update Flashbolt with chase notes/progression of jobs
- Providing O&M manuals to end users to generate after sales on completion of each project.
- Communicate opportunities between business units to maximise cross selling across the business
- Support KAMs and SCMs in sourcing relevant or required information as requested
- Provide support on entering and fulfilling sales orders as required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel and Word), Flashbolt, Javelin and Unison
- Internal sales experience
- Industry and market experience ( desirable )
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and ensure effective delegation to deliver required results
- Ability to take the initiative to make decision with the customers, in line with standard procedures
- Assertive under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
- Well organised personally
- Good problem solving ability
Set up a job alert.