My client is a hugely successful internet-based company looking for a dynamic Technical Sales Executive to join their team. This role will focus on maximising business from existing customers and new leads. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in sales and be technically minded. Full product training will be provided and there are excellent prospects for advancement. Duties will include:
- New business generation through targeted prospecting and leads from exhibitions and the company’s website.
- Dealing with sales enquiries from existing customers and new prospects. Understanding the requirement, offering advice on appropriate solutions and providing written quotations using the companies CRM system.
- Assist with technical/IT issues/solutions
- Proactively follow up on all quotations
- Where relevant arrange customer site visits to better understand requirements, present solutions, negotiate pricing and build relationships.
- Take responsibility for some key accounts, keeping regular contact, ensuring that they are aware of our latest product offerings and taking advantage of any new business opportunities.
- Help man the company’s exhibition stands, presenting products and taking enquiries.
- Plan and prioritise sales activities using the CRM system to its maximum capability.
- Build relationships with key suppliers to gain knowledge within the marketplace.
Key skills include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to present complex solutions to prospects clearly and concisely.
- Ability to negotiate pricing and close business.
- Ability to quickly learn about complex and technical / IT products.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- At least 7 GCSEs, with grade C or above in maths English and a science subject.
- Preference is given to candidates with A Levels or a degree.
- Experience in a proactive technical sales position.
If this sounds like you, please apply today.
Ascendant Recruitment is one of Milton Keynes and Northampton’s leading recruitment businesses. We support job seekers in Administration, Customer Service, Human Resources, & Finance positions. Ascendant Recruitment operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment. For more information on our current temporary, contract and permanent positions please visit, like & follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to get back to you within 48 hours. However, your application will be reviewed by a consultant as quickly as possible and if you are shortlisted we will aim to call you within two working days.
If you do not receive a call please do not be despondent. Typically only one candidate can be successful per role! Please apply for any future roles in the same way. Good luck!Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.