Reporting to the Head of Commercial, the key purpose of the Telesales Executive is to research and proactively engage with target companies and generate well-qualified, high-converting new business opportunities for the commercial team.
Equiniti Marketing Source are an award winning agency specialising in purposeful data and digital solutions. Combining digital creative flair and cutting edge technical solutions. We operate in four key areas; Data, Digital Communication, Performance Marketing & Digital Creative.
Based in Pynes Hill, Exeter, we have an enviable list of blue-chip clients spanning the finance, retail and marketing sectors. We have four key values that drive our culture. Purpose, Attitude, Curiosity & Energy.
A fast paced, friendly and lively working environment where you need to be a proactive results oriented individual to succeed.
- Identify and research prospects to target within relevant market sectors.
- Use a number of tools and online portals to gain a clear understanding of the client’s business and stakeholders.
- Use intelligent questioning techniques to gain understanding of the clients’ goals and challenges.
- Articulate Equiniti Marketing Source values and ambitions.
- Confidently talk about our product portfolio and their benefits at a high level.
- Provide the commercial consultant a detailed brief about the prospective client so that they can attend the appointment fully prepared. Update Salesforce with timely, accurate notes.
- To attend, prepare for and participate in one-to-one/team meetings that will review/guide performance (including appraisals), share ideas and initiatives, communicate objectives and agree plans/focus.
- Attend internal and external training sessions, workshops and conferences as and when appropriate to increase skill set. Plus be responsible for continually updating your product knowledge as well as sharing best practice skills with colleagues.
- To recognise the importance and benefits of effective team work, assisting colleagues and providing cover as and when required. This also includes supporting other members of the team with their own workloads and respecting and motivating your colleagues in other departments who are responsible for servicing and supporting your activity, plus maintaining effective communication links with other teams and departments across Marketing Source.
Skills and Experience Required:
Ability to make high volumes of cold calls to prospective clients and build instant rapport.
- Capable of understanding complex organizational structures and identifying decision makers.
- Confidence & charisma and an ability to communicate effectively with executives and senior managers of target organizations.
- Ability to gain commitment from the prospect for a future meeting.
- Ability to carry out detailed research on target markets and identify and shortlist opportunities.
- Resilience, tenacity and a commitment to achieving results.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Outlook.
- Highly motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Experience of using Salesforce CRM.
- Sales experience or exposure to consultative sales process.
- An understanding of digital marketing or data management.
- Networking experience.