We are working on behalf of a large corporate organisation who is a leader in the Building industry and is now looking to recruit an experienced Area Sales Manager to enable the business to deliver its strategic goals. This role will spend 3.5 days per week on the road, visiting sites across the West Midlands and Worcestershire and 1.5 days per week in the Coventry office. £40k plus bonuses with an OTE £70K plus car and benefits.
Primary Job Purpose
- To deliver and achieve targets set by the business that are appropriate to your role, in order to meet the wider company business objectives.
- To achieve and exceed Regional Sales targets through the effective management of the Sales team and through their effective induction, organisation, motivation, coaching and development.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Experienced and understanding of business goals and able to set direction and lead others to the achievement of these goals.
- Strong team management and leadership experience is essential, including performance management, motivating others and coaching.
- Customer relationship and Customer service focussed, empathetic, patient and understanding of differing needs and priorities of others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, ability to handle and manage difficult conversations and to influence others are essential.
- Tenacious and results driven, able to use own initiative, think outside the box, multitask and work to multiple deadlines.
- Previous customer-focussed sales experience is a pre-requisite, gained as a manager within a building industry environment.
- Proven ability to coach others to analyse sales data and determine appropriate actions to improve sales position, as well as developing and following up leads and enquiries within timescales.
- A database enquiry system is used on a daily basis; therefore an excellent standard of computer literacy is a pre-requisite. Training in the required applications will be provided.
- Knowledge of the conveyancing process is essential.
Sales Team Management Responsibilities
- Carry out regular visits to all sites within the Area Sales Manager’s area to meet with the on-site sales team members to:
- Ensure that individuals within sales teams are motivated, supported, trained and equipped to achieve company sales goals and objectives.
- Review personal development plans against skill profiles for the role to ensure that individuals within sales teams are equipped to achieve company sales goals and objectives.
- Cover routine line management duties such as stock checks and discussions on target achievement etc conduct monthly checklist process and review any action plans from earlier checklists.
- Coach team members identify areas/skills where further one to one training and coaching is required.
- Prepare for and conduct performance review/skills profile review with all area Sales team members on a monthly basis.
- Responsibility for ensuring that every sales team member is provided with tools to do the job, induction and ongoing training and development to perform successfully in their role.
- Conduct regular team meetings with all the Sales Executives and other related personnel to keep them up to date on team and Regional performance and arrange/deliver a training session.
- Develop a manpower plan and supervise, monitor and control the deployment of sales staff within the region.
- Ensure all sales offices are adequately staffed and holiday and other absence are covered.
- Arrange the recruitment of all sales team members for the team and:
- Ensure sales team members are recruited in a timely manner so that induction and training can take place effectively.
- Personally carry out the first day induction.
- Ensure ongoing induction training (including IT Training).
- Review Sales team members’ performance during the probation period and in accordance with the Sales Academy programme.
- Ensure all Sales team members within the team are fully aware of and understand their targets and objectives and that the Company’s Customer Charter is upheld.
- Ensure all new Sales team members are nominated a mentor/buddy.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.