Due to continued growth in the company’s domestic and international distribution network our client is seeking an experienced Area Sales Manager, The successful applicant will be responsible for managing an existing distributor network as well as identifying new opportunities for capital projects and finding, appointing, training, managing and developing new Distributors to achieve agreed sales targets
This post offers a significant opportunity to join a successful Sales Team and would suit an applicant who has proven work experience within a multicultural international business and distributor sales network, a technical background with formal qualifications e.g.: ONC / HND / degree would be advantageous
This role will require the following:
* To manage, develop and train Distributors on specification sales using the company systems, quality and Brand leverage
* To ensure that support is available and targets are achievable in respect of designated markets and products represented
* To ensure that pricing is maintained to achieve agreed sales target and margin levels in accordance with the company business plan
* To liaise with distributors, Customers and the company’s Engineering Department (as necessary) to ensure the correct specification is obtained regarding customer requirements
* Carry out commercial negotiations under the supervision of senior management
* Ensure that all essential information to progress the orders is available prior to handover to other internal services
* To find, appoint, train, motivate and monitor new distributors to the company products and ISO procedures
* To prepare, update and report sales activity to the Regional Business Manager, Sales and Marketing Director
* To provide regular updates, as necessary, on competitor activity and market strategy
* Manage distributor agreements in line with company procedures
* To prepare monthly forecasts and report with an overview of the territory in terms of orders, sales, competitor activity, market trends, trade shows and recommendations for improvement
* To support the Regional Business Manager, sales & Marketing Director in the preparation of the annual budget
* To conduct regular business reviews with each distributor with regular feedback on performance and development action plans to the Regional Business Manager/ Sales & Marketing Manager
* To lad the company’s presence at regional trade exhibitions
* Control of promotion and travel within budgeted costs
* A second language, particularly Spanish, would be advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity for an applicant with a strong work ethic and a willingness to undertake extensive international travel and commitment to contribute directly to the company’s objectives for sales growth.
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV via the ‘apply now’ option or contact Donna Corbyn at our Diss branch to discuss the position further
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.