Travel Requirement: You’ll be based at the Ellesmere Port office; The role will initially be office-based with a view to progress towards field-based sales activities involving regular travel (30-40%) for client / internal meetings, exhibitions and conferences.
As a Business Development Executive, you will be responsible for providing commercial and administrative support to the Business Development team whilst supporting managers to maintain, retain and expand the scope of the existing client base, and developing and attracting new clients to SGS.
You will be in regular contact with existing and prospect clients, generating leads, organising sales visits, preparing proposals, and will follow up on sales enquiries. You will also be required to deliver presentations to promote Oil, Gas and Chemicals (OGC) capabilities and initiatives.
As a Business Development Executive, you’ll need to maintain awareness of sector market trends, competitors and regulatory requirements or changes to assist in strategic development of potential new client base or service targets.
You will collaborate with the Business Development and Systems Manager to define sales and account plans to grow OGC revenue, you will also maintain productive working relationships with operational management, technical and support personnel to ensure preparedness for award and execution of new works and contracts.
As a Business Development Executive, you’ll receive a salary of between £25,000 to £35,000 per annum depending on experience, you will also be entitled to a company car, plus you’ll benefit from a 10% performance bonus (non-commission based), retail discount scheme, private health cover, contributory stakeholder pension scheme and life cover.
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
Ideally, you’ll be qualified to HND level (or equivalent) in an Engineering or Science related subject or higher. However, related knowledge and experience in the OGC, Engineering or Science industry is also acceptable.
- Relevant knowledge of the Oil/Gas/Chemicals sector.
- Effective interpersonal skills, able to develop positive working relationships at all levels, both with SGS colleagues and external clients/ partners.
- Ability to identify and capitalise on business development opportunities to include potential/ new/ existing clients to encompass multi scope services and options for bolt on business.
- Ability to identify external influences, competitor activity/ scope and sector trends.
- Competent in use of MS packages.
- Effective communication, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work under own initiative to agreed levels of autonomy.
- Experience of commercial service laboratories
- Experience of commercial / marketing/ sales activities
- Willingness to travel and Full and driving licence for use in the UK.
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially and you will always receive an update within 10 business days.
Alternatively, to arrange a call to discuss the role or recruitment process in more detail before you apply, please email us at email@example.com.
Set up a job alert.