Business Development Manager – Sponsorship
£30,000-£40,000 + Uncapped Commission
Our client is a global leader in the b2b events market, widely recognised as the leading innovator within their field. They produce and run industry leading bespoke conferences, exhibitions and awards across a variety of sectors including energy, pharma, transport, travel, insurance and digital transformation.
Due to recent company growth the need has arisen to hire an experienced sponsorship and exhibition sales manager to sell across a flagship portfolio. There is also the expectation that alongside new business, key account management will also be integral to the role.
The sponsorship sales manager will become an integral part of the business which currently runs up to 120 events a year across North, Central and Latin America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
The role will involve managing established clients and territories as well as delivering significant new business to the portfolio. This will include delivering organic growth to existing events plus working to deliver new revenue as our client diversifies their market reach – a good mix of account management and new business generation. The role will include regular international travel and would therefore suit a candidate with an interest and experience in international business.
We require a dynamic, enthusiastic senior sponsorship sales manager who can make a commercial impact quickly.
The Sponsorship Sales Manager is expected to:
- Exceed agreed revenue targets for each campaign
- Research, identify and close new business
- Identify and develop new commercial opportunities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with senior level decision makers , using a highly consultative sales process
- Travel extensively to visit clients
- Work closely with the research and production team to create powerful and pertinent events for specialist geographical areas
- Represent our client’s brand at key events around the globe
- Build and maintain a sales pipeline alongside accurate forecasting
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years conference and exhibition sponsorship sales experience, ideally across large-scale events, exhibitions, trade shows, confex
- A proven ability to exceed targets
- Experience and understanding of international sales at a senior level
- A proven ability to negotiate at C-level with global companies
- A desire to travel frequently
- Education to degree level
- Proven experience of new business generation and account management
- Ability to forecast accurately
- Languages are a big advantage
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities. We cover: media sales, digital media sales, print sales, exhibition sales, event sales, conference sales, outdoor sales, radio sales, marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.