To provide day to day business development and account management to identified major customers, promoting the use of the Company’s services in order to achieve personal sales targets, business growth and maintain and improve customer satisfaction.
- Achieve sales targets through the successful delivery of services and aid the development of new business and growth through pro-active account management of existing revenue base;
- Achieve all personal strategic account objectives as set out in the Sales Incentive Plan (SIP);
- Proactively identify and develop new opportunities to sell the Company’s services;
- Provide accurate and timely information and forecasts including regular and ad-hoc reports as required by management including, but not limited to, sales pipeline, quotes, margin analysis, purchase order status and accrued revenues.
Principal Accountabilities / Objectives:
- Be seen as the personal interface by customers, ensuring strong customer relations and resolving issues of customer dissatisfaction;
- Work with the Sales Director to support existing identified client base and provide back-office administrative support where required to achieve Company sales target;
- Maintain a thorough appreciation of customer’s business and strategies and propose solutions to add value for both current and future requirements;
- Execute a contact strategy with each customer, maintaining a high level of contact within set timescales;
- Promote customer confidence in the Company and self as a professional and competent supplier of telecommunications services;
- Take full end to end bid management ownership of RFQ’s including appropriate and timely engagement with the Company’s Operations and Projects departments to ensure successful delivery of the respective services;
- Ensure Quotes and Margin Analysis Forms (MAFs) are prepared in line with Company guidelines for all customer submissions;
- Establish and build key peer relationships within the nominated accounts with the objective of supporting new opportunities to sell and provide incremental services to existing customers;
- Provide input to and support new bids and proposals with the sales, presales and business development communities where necessary;
- Take ownership of the financial health and accruals/invoicing of all assigned customers and provide regular input and feedback on revenues and costs into the Finance team
Principal Accountabilities / Objectives: General
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, both externally and internally and support the adoption of the Company’s corporate culture;
- Promote the highest level of customer service internally and externally at all times;
- Communicate relevant Company information in a timely manner;
- Complete other ad-hoc duties as required;
- Take ownership seriously and deliver on commitments internally and externally;
- Where appropriate provide/seek advice on specific safety systems and requirements;
- Adhere to emergency response procedures;
- Ensure no activities are carried out which present an unacceptable risk to the individual, customer or any person who may be affected by the activity;
- Consult with the Head of SHEQ on all safety, health, environment and welfare issues (particularly when new hazards and risks are identified).
Competency: Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications:
- Proven track record within service delivery environment of working directly with customers;
- Astute with Optical / IP / fixed line networks, plus data centre operations;
- Must be an excellent communicator and ‘networker’, with the ability to work with, and be respected by both peers and customers.
- Ability to very quickly translate quotes and scopes to operational requirements;
- Previous experience of managing existing customers;
- Excellent presentation skills and self-assured in contact with customers and internal resources;
- A self starter, requiring little or no supervision with a positive attitude and outlook;
- Ability to take ownership of an issue and see things through to the end;
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate many activities simultaneously;
- PC literate, especially Microsoft Office suite;
- Trustworthy and honest; implicit in the employment contract;
- Full EU Driving licence essential.
- Degree or equivalent education (training and/or experience) preferable but not mandatory.
- Office or home based with daily regular communication with UK and international customers.
- National and International travel will be required.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.