Changing the way people think about waste.
Changing the way people think about waste’ is a vision that’s shared by our 10,000+ employees around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull.
Our Sales and Business Development teams play a crucial role when it comes to bringing this vison to life, be it building and maintaining relationships with our existing customers or developing new markets and creating new leads.
Our purpose ‘to change the way people think about waste’ and sustainability has been at the heart of our business strategy for many years. We have already made huge strides in our sustainability journey by investing in plastic recycling and energy from waste infrastructure, surplus redistribution, and low carbon collections, leading to a 70% reduction in our carbon emissions since 2002. Our sustainability strategy ‘Resourceful, Responsible’ will see us unlock £1.25bn of investment in vital green economy infrastructure by 2030, while further reducing our carbon emissions by 50% by 2030. We aim to have net zero emissions no later than 2050.
A quick look at the role.
This an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and strategically minded new business development professional to join our successful Major Sales Team.
Your primary role is to develop and manage a pipeline of c£6.0m, focusing on new business activities you will be responsible for delivering profitable growth in line with the wider group strategy for the region.
As a Major Business Development Manager, you will lead on all new business opportunities from initial engagement through to solution delivery and contract mobilisation.
This is a fantastic role for someone that enjoys working in close collaboration across multiple internal support functions to deliver first class tenders and proposals within their region.
This is senior sales role that would suit individuals who have a proven track record in producing detailed commercial proposals into multiple market sectors such as: manufacturing, leisure, retail, construction, and the public sector.
Biffa operates in one of the UK’s most dynamic industries and we are company that continues to innovate, deliver meaningful change, and make a real difference to household names.
Reporting into the Head of Major Sales you will be given the opportunity to be part of a winning team and develop your skill set within an innovative ever-changing marketplace.
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Achieve revenue and profitability sales targets by delivering new contracts across various sectors in their region
- Develop new business relationships and take ownership of the sales process, through lead generation, sales presentations, proposal solutions, negotiation, close, and then handover to the Account Management Team
- Create and present tailored commercial offerings to potential clients
- Manage and maintain a pipeline ensuring all sales opportunities are captured accurately through detailed CRM management
- Responsibility for leading on all tender requests to deliver innovate and tailored responses and proposals into multiple sectors
- Working in collaboration with existing operational and account management teams to deliver the ideal solution for the client at agreed profit levels for Biffa
Here’s what we require.
- Minimum 3-year field sales experience
- Experience in selling B2B solutions and/or services-based contracts
- Experience in responding and leading on details tender submissions
- Successful track record in securing contracts with annual revenues over £100,000
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate working in close collaboration with multiple internal stakeholder groups to develop solutions/proposals
- Demonstrate a creative and consultative approach to new business proposals
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the commercial procurement process in multiple sectors
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
- Generous basic salary
- Uncapped commission, OTE 70k
- Fully expensed company car or opt out scheme
- Sharesave options
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Home office including laptop and mobile phone
- Employee reward scheme
- Employee discount scheme
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.