Our client is a global name in the print, communications & marketing services industry. Due to serious growth and a range of acquisitions they require a financially focused Commercial Manager to join the senior management team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of the Commercial team, ensuring that service levels are known and challenged and that a program and culture of continuous improvement is in place. This will cover all elements from reporting and pricing to improving how we communicate with clients.
- Development of the Commercial team, including training and cross skilling to ensure adequate and appropriate resource is available to deliver the required service levels consistently. This will include a shift from a job based implementation process to more project based process for the existing and the introduction of new products and services.
- Development of commercial offering – working closely with the GM to understand profitability by product or service, which areas we should grow to assist us to maximise sales and margin improvement.
- Play a key role, as part of the local senior management team, contributing to the strategic aims of the site and wider organisation.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be well organised with good project management, commercial, sales and strategic planning abilities
- Strong people manager ready to implement change
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of customer service excellence
- Strong problem-solving and follow-through skills
- Able to work independently, lead teams and interact with all levels of management
- Good computer skills and proficient in Microsoft products such as word and Excel.
- Ability to gather information and transfer this in a professional report for various meetings and Executive team.
- Use of initiative and forward thinker
- Strive to make improvements and emphasise excellence.
- To work to strategically expand, preserve or improve the company’s procedures, standards or policies while adhering to business edicts and regulatory guidelines.
- To recognise business opportunities.
- To work with the GM and other Senior members to set the income target for the year
- To manage the expenditure of the commercial budget
- To represent the Commercial/Client Services area of the business where required
- To deliver expected KPI’s for all Commercial departments
- To monitor and measure the Production Planning process, ensuring customer requirements are met on time in full.
- To follow due process on NCR’s and customer complaints
- Undertake to comply with the Information Security Management System (ISMS) and its associated policies.
Set up a job alert.