Birdie is a pioneer in social innovation. Our vision is to build a society in which we all age with confidence. With a rapidly growing ageing population, overcrowded care homes and social care services under water, we’re facing a social crisis. We ’re on a mission to reinvent care so that older generations can live longer, healthier and happier in their own homes, surrounded by their families and their communities. We use digital products, cutting-edge home connected devices and AI to empower the care community to deliver better, preventative care
Launched in 2017, Birdie is a team of 65 socially motivated care, health, product and tech entrepreneurs. We were nominated one of the top 10 UK startups to watch, the SME with the best culture in the UK and was in the 2020 Business Cloud Top 50 Start Up’s list. As of May 2021 we have raised an additional £8.2 million in our Series A funding led by Index Ventures.
We are building the organisation of the future that will not only improve the lives of millions of older adults but also of our team members, our communities and will protect the environment. We demonstrate our values in everything we do. We care; we succeed together; we grow individually and strive for excellence; we are smart, brave and ambitious; and we nurture fun and a little quirkiness.
As an Enterprise Sales Director at Birdie, you will drive our acquisition of top-tier homecare providers. You’ll engage with both executives and operational staff to understand their challenges, assess our fit to support them, and forge new partnerships. You’ll own your sales process, and work with our SDR team, Customer Success team, and sales & marketing leadership to evolve our go-to-market strategy to drive our acquisition as quickly as possible. You’ll win new business and delight our customers at every step.
🦸♀️ How you will contribute
- Exceed your annual quota of £900k annually recurring revenue as an individual contributor;
- Lead your “pod”, consisting of a Sales Development Rep and Customer Success Manager, to build your pipeline, qualify and win the right customers, and get those customers to successful use of Birdie as quickly as possible;
- Research and build a pipeline of leads, book initial meetings, execute discovery calls / detailed product presentations / demos, and close new business;
- Shape, test, iterate and optimise our pitch and processes to improve win rates & sales cycle times;
- Play a key role in defining our product and marketing efforts, logging and structuring the feedback you hear to improve our product, sales and marketing strategies
🤩 We’d love to hear from you if
- Have an outstanding B2B sales track record (required);
- Have social care or health experience (desired but not required);
- An excellent communicator, demonstrating active listening and strong discovery, as well as clarity and simplicity in your own communication;
- Committed to self-development;
- Organised, and able to set and follow processes to prioritise effectively;
- Full of sales grit, with the passion and perseverance to achieve your long-term goals;
- Committed to going above and beyond for your customers;
- Comfortable with an ambiguous, changing, energetic, start-up working environment;
- Someone who is inspired by, and seeks to embody our values.
🙌 People are our core strength. We are social entrepreneurs, boasting an outstanding culture (employer net promotion score of 67) with strong values (B-Corp certified). We offer exceptional benefits and invest massively in our team’s happiness, wellbeing and growth:
Our salary packages are competitive and always above market average; we provide discretionary share options. For this role, we have a base salary of £90k + double OTE (uncapped).
With Covid-19, we have decided to be a fully distributed team with Birdees working across the globe. As long as you’re +-3h from GMT, you can work from anywhere you want. We organise quarterly in-person events and online socials to make sure you can meet up with peers. If you want to come to the office, you’re most welcome of course!
🌱 L&D budget
Growth is key. You’ll have a personal development budget to put towards books (e.g., free audible subscription), courses, trainings and conferences; continuous coaching within the team and with external experts
🌴 Base holiday
33 days base holiday (25 days + 8 bank holidays) + Christmas eve day off
👩⚕️ Private health insurance
Private health insurance with Vitality that covers many physical and mental health costs
☀️ Gym and wellbeing memberships
Gym membership and numerous other wellbeing perks and discounts via Vitality
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
Birdie will buy a bike up-front and you can salary sacrifice to pay-off over the next 12-36 months
👼🏽 Parental Leave
Highly favourable parental leave policy for any new parent (we believe we must address the gender gap pay by fostering equal parental leave policies regardless of gender)
👵🏻 Pension employer contribution
Birdie contributes to your pension
⛷ Frequent company socials, trips and meals
We organise many socials, quarterly retreats and annual trips (like our epic ski trips)
🤗 Exceptional culture
We see ourselves as social entrepreneurs shaping a new kind of organisation: caring, responsible yet fostering excellence. Read The Birdie Way to learn more.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We endeavour to embrace diversity, and promote an inclusive environment for all Birdies, and actively work towards this with our Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
If you have any questions regarding the interview process, or if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.