All About Us
From Henry Barrett starting the business in 1866, Barrett Steel has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets us apart from our competitors. A leading steel stock holding business, Barrett Steel has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
All About the Role
Newark Steel have a great new opportunity for a Sales Executive in their team, encompassing the internal and external sales elements.
Specific tasks include:
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls, emails and marketing campaigns.
- Build partnering relationships to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Close sales and achieve monthly targets.
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects.
- Maximise processing sales by continually expanding orders and up selling on all incoming and outgoing.
- Day to day account management including the raising of quotations/orders.
- Ensure that all quotes are followed up and actioned where necessary.
- Maintain an agreed level of pro-active telephone contact with both existing and prospective customers.
- To own and resolve customer service issues in order to assist the company with continuous improvements.
- To maintain customer account details to ensure up to date contact, delivery and unloading information is on file and can exceed our customers’ expectations on customer service.
We offer you
- Competitive Salary, Car/ Car allowance, 21 days holiday + bank holidays, Bonus potential, Pension
All About You
You may be a recent graduate with limited experience, fancy a change of career or you may be from an established sales background. All we need is for you to have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
Essential Skills for the role:
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude and approach, generate leads and creates new business. opportunities for themselves.
- Thrives off working to targets and KPI’s
- Be competent with a high volume of phone activity.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to build, develop & maintain relationships over the phone and face to face delivering an exceptional customer experience.
How it feels to work for us
We provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Our people are the driving force behind Barrett Steel and we seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help us build and develop the business. Barrett Steel encourages innovative thinking and has an open door for people to lead and influence change.
Set up a job alert.