All About Us
From Henry Barrett starting the business in 1866, Barrett Steel has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets us apart from our competitors. A leading steel stock holding business, Barrett Steel has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet. Our extensive steel processing facilities are world-class, and our expertise and advanced specialist skills have ensured the outstanding success of a diverse range of high-profile projects around the globe.
We strive to develop long-term partnerships. We are progressive, solution focused and work with our customers to help them realise their project’s full potential. We provide a vital link in the supply chain from producer to customer.
How it feels to work for us
We provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Our people are the driving force behind Barrett Steel and we seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help us build and develop the business.
All About the Role
Ideally, you’ll have experience in a Sales Executive role. However, you’ll will be given the training necessary to carry out your role so if you are at trainee level but demonstrate the right attitude and approach we want to hear from you!!
Specific tasks include:
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls, emails and marketing campaigns.
- Build partnering relationships to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Close sales and achieve monthly targets as agreed with your line manager.
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects.
- Maximise processing sales by continually expanding orders and up selling on all incoming and outgoing.
- Ensure that all quotes are followed up within a time frame designated by your manager and that the appropriate people are given feedback in relation to these quotes.
- To maintain customer account details to ensure up to date contact, delivery and unloading information is on file; to provide relevant information to purchasing, accounts, works and transport departments to ensure the company complies with Health & Safety legislation and can exceed our customers’ expectations on customer service.
We offer you
- Barrett Steel Pension, 21 Days holidays + bank holidays, Discretionary Bonus
All About You
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
Essential Skills for the role:
- Build strong relationships quickly with a proactive attitude and approach.
- Thrives off working to targets and KPI’s
- Excellent communication & computer skills
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.