From Henry Barrett starting the business in 1866, Barrett Steel has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets us apart from our competitors. A leading steel stockholding business, Barrett Steel has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
We strive to develop long-term partnerships. We are progressive, solution focused and work with our customers to help them realise their project’s full potential. We provide a vital link in the supply chain from producer to customer.
How it feels to work for us
We provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Our people are the driving force behind Barrett Steel and we seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help us build and develop the business. Barrett Steel encourages innovative thinking and has an open door for people to lead and influence change.
All About the Role
The internal sales person acts as the first point of contact with the customer delivering a professional and confident customer experience in order to build and maintain an active and profitable customer base.
Specific tasks include:
- Build partnering relationships to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Ensure that all quotes are followed up to maximise sales opportunities.
- Maintain an agreed level of pro-active telephone contact with both existing and prospective customers.
- To maintain customer account details to ensure up to date contact, delivery and unloading information is on file; and we are exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- Ensure that we are looking over the fence at the market and competitor trends & ensuring we have that commercial mindset.
- To promote the Barrett Steel Group and ensure maximum revenue generation through cross business selling.
We offer you
- Barrett Steel Pension
- 21 Days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus
All About You
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
Essential Skills for the role:
- A skilled negotiator with experience in a commercial role, preferably within the steel stockholding industry but its not essential.
- Good business acumen & can demonstrate commercial success.
- The ability to build strong relationships quickly between commercial, planning and operational functions.
- Excellent communication skills with a positive proactive attitude & approach.
- Works well under pressure, thrives off working to targets and KPI’s.
- Good computer skills.
Mon to Fri 8.30am – 5.00pm (4.00pm on Fridays)
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.