In a nutshell
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, well rounded marketing specialist to lead the promotion of Dartmoor Zoological Society (the Charity) and its activities.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of marketing across the whole Charity are created, developed and implemented, to increase brand awareness and income.
The marketing team is small, so you will be expected to be practical in your approach to the marketing activities and delegation.
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), and will include the occasional weekend or evening. Part- time options can be discussed.
Wage: £24,000 to £27,000 per year
Location: Dartmoor Zoo. Some home working may be possible.
- Manage, analyse and report on marketing activities that cover all areas of responsibility, and support the Head of Compliance and Resources in developing the brand and values of the
- Manage the Communications and Marketing Officer and be responsible for their training
- Recruit and manage any volunteers or placement students required to support the planned marketing
- Maintain, develop and enhance the marketing plan, adapting it appropriately to accommodate new requirements and
- Liaise closely with all other zoo departments, especially Events, Fundraising and Education to ensure all aspects of the Charity are marketed coherently and with maximum
- Monitor spend against budget, making sure each marketing activity gives best value for money. Raise opportunities for new investment if they arise in the year, and assist in the proposal for the next year’s budget.
- Work with the Communications and Marketing Officer to deliver all promotional
- Develop and implement effective marketing strategies that maximise the opportunity to deliver footfall and ‘product’ sales.
- Develop and manage any special offers and membership
- Maintain knowledge of other visitor attractions and current industry
- Create regular newsletters, articles and blogs to engage with newsletter subscribers, the local community and magazine
- Develop relations with the press and other media outlets, and create exciting press
- Respond to PR enquiries and support the senior management team with
- Support the Fundraising Lead in developing engaging stories and information about the Zoo and
- Update the main tourist leaflet yearly and ensure maximum value for money on
- Manage the Zoo’s branding and adherence across all
- Assess marketing enquiries and recommend opportunities which are
- Analyse customer feedback and draft suitable responses, in consultation with the relevant Head of Department if needed.
- Work with the Communications and Marketing Officer to deliver all of the digital
- Design digital material for social media, the Zoo’s website and other on-line
- Manage the Zoo’s website (WordPress) by uploading regular content, keeping the information up to date including What’s On and Events information, and helping develop the site
- Track and analyse web traffic, providing internal reports to help with
- Work with staff across all departments to create and manage engaging social media posts and
- Create and edit video content for social media and other
- Plan, create and post regular social media content for all aspects of the zoo, using relevant platforms such as HootSuite.
- Manage our social media accounts and respond to customer
- Utilise, develop and manage a list of on-line websites and memberships to advertise the Zoo, offers and
- Liaise with our PPC supporter to maximise our Charity Google Ads
- Design promotional material for digital marketing and print for magazines, posters, signs and
- Manage contractors for any outsourced project
- Undertake all other reasonable duties as assigned by the
The Perfect Fit
We think that, to be successful in this role, you will have:
- Extensive marketing experience, ideally from the tourism or charity
- Demonstrable leadership
- Digital marketing and social media management
- Video and photography content and editing skills, and have a good eye for
- Innovation and ability to develop ideas to
- Marketing campaign experience both on-line and on-site.
- Great time management, organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a busy workload under pressure of deadlines.
- The ability to work with others, develop internal and external relationships, and listen to others’ ideas
- Content and copywriting
- Demonstrable graphics design experience for both digital and print
It would also help if you have:
- A marketing or design
- Line management experience
- Experience of working in a Zoo setting or as part of an organisation with a strong ethical focus, charity connection or educational elements.
Applications: via application form only (visit www.dartmoorzoo.org.uk/job-vacancies)
Application deadline: 31st May 2022
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.