To increase the quality and quantity of sales leads with a focus on continually improving conversion rates, by planning and executing B2B marketing strategies aimed at customer acquisition and retention.
To raise the profile and perception of the business locally, nationally and internationally, targeted at relevant sectors and companies.
To build strong working relationships and engage with colleagues at all levels and in all functions, to create a culture and system where effective marketing is a consistent and valued everyday business activity.
In addition, to support the Executive Directors and sales team in researching and planning business development opportunities as required.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Working with the Commercial Director, to contribute to and coordinate the company’s marketing strategy, budget and calendar for annual approval by the board
- Accountable to the Commercial Director for delivering the marketing strategy on time and on budget
- Monitoring and reporting on marketing activity including ongoing evaluation to ensure both relevant and cost-effective activity, taking actions to optimise effectiveness of the website and communications
- Managing, developing and maintaining the company website
- Organising the company’s conference schedule as exhibitor or attendee
- Creating engaging SEO optimised content, case studies, knowledge bases etc (with the required support from subject matter experts)
- Managing and developing the company’s presence on relevant social media (LinkedIn)
- Print, digital media and pay-per-click advertising
- Public relations activity as required
- Promotional activity including brochures, gifts etc
- Email marketing and newsletter communications
- Working with the sales team to implement an effective CRM system
- Ensuring a consistent company message and brand
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant trade/industry/associations
- Market research
Scope and territory indicators:
Office based with occasional UK site and conference attendance. Possibility of occasional overseas travel
Key Relationships & Interfaces:
The Marketing Officer will interface with the following:
- Executive Directors
- Management team
- Sales, technical and administration teams
- Production and installation teams
- External stakeholders (trade associations, media owners, external agencies as required)
Specific Skills, and Aptitudes:
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills, ensuring content and messaging is relative to our customer base
- Ability to understand and translate technical information into compelling and reader-friendly content
- Understanding of marketing at a strategic level
- Basic photography, photo and video editing and graphic design skills (Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Ability to develop effective marketing campaigns for customer acquisition and retention
- Ability to develop strong conversion strategies
- Knowledge digital marketing techniques and SEO management
- Knowledge of marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords, WordPress, email marketing platforms.
- Strong and resilient personality
- Self-driven, commercially minded with a clear focus on high standards and business performance
- Proactive work attitude including willingness to work some longer hours during peak periods
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively and maintain clarity of thought
- Ability to develop relationships with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Understand the principles of marketing and the need for consistency within the company’s branding, marketing and communications
- Responsible, accountable and determined to succeed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally qualified to degree level in related discipline, preferably with 4+ years relevant industry experience in B2B marketing
- Experience of project managing marketing campaign requirements
- Ideally, knowledge of and/or interest in power distribution equipment, renewable energy and energy efficiency
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to Trudi Shore, HR Manager: Trudi@slaters-electricals.com
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.