Prospect Path are looking for a Sales Development Representative who is keen to lead our new customer discovery efforts as part of an ambitious, creative and friendly team. We’re a rapidly growing technology startup in the heart of Newcastle. We help organizations find great software and help software makers find valuable customers.
As an SDR you’ll play a critical part in identifying new markets and prospective customers. Your goal will be to find and nurture prospects and deliver high-quality opportunities for our sales pipeline. You will also assist marketing and product development teams by researching new market expansion opportunities. You’ll achieve this by applying your intelligence, tenacity and creativity.
You’ll own one of the most important parts of our sales process and, with our help, we expect you to become an expert in your field. You’ll take pride in optimising the tactics and tools we use to win new customers and will be motivated by achieving your targets. You’ll enjoy collaborating with the wider team to deliver our expansion strategy and to achieve growth in new markets.
If you’re interested in building a career in software and technology sales or business development, this role will equip you with the skills to prosper.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Conducting market discovery and identifying target accounts
- Finding decision makers within target accounts using a variety of tools and tactics
- Using outbound tactics and messaging sequences to nurture target decision makers
- Initiating conversations with decision makers and qualifying accounts for importance
- Managing inbound leads and scoring for relevance
- Gathering intelligence about accounts and decision makers and building precise CRM profiles
- Collaborating with an account executive to convert your prospects into clients
We don’t expect you to be an expert in the software markets we operate in (we’ll help you with that) but if you’ve previously worked with, or have an affinity towards, software or technology you’ll have a definite advantage. Experience of sales prospecting could also be useful, but isn’t necessary to excel in this role.
This is You:
- You’re highly-organised and do your best work in a structured, consistent role. You seek out methods and tools to improve your personal productivity.
- You’re a natural communicator and your written communication is eloquent, concise, and faultless.
- You’re self-motivated and are happiest when you’re trusted to make your own decisions
- You’re tenacious and persistent. You’re not easily discouraged and will pursue your aims
- Challenging but realistic personal targets motivate and drive you
- You’re not afraid of a hard day’s work. You understand the connection between effort and reward and will bring bags of energy to the office each day
Our main market is the US, so your hours will be aligned with US business hours, ideally 11-7pm Mon-Thurs and 9-5pm on Friday.
This is Us:
- We’re a small, successful and close-knit start-up growing fast in a growing market.
- We’re used to performing to a high standard and delivering great services to our clients around the world.
- We’re friendly, sociable and enjoy working together.
- We hate standing still and are constantly developing new ideas and launching into new markets
Perks of the job
- Competitive salary £21,000 – £23,000 p/a + bonus
- Tailored plan for personal progression in your role
- A knowledgeable, social and purposeful team
- Free food (Monday breakfast, Friday lunch, weekly fruit delivery)
- Your work helps us plant 1000’s of trees each year with Tree Aid
- Modern, city-centre offices at The Core in Newcastle Helix
- Company events including Tyneside Cinema film nights
- Friendly competition (table tennis, bake-off sweepstakes)
No agencies – thank you.
Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.