From Henry Barrett starting the business in 1866, Barrett Steel has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets us apart from our competitors. A leading steel stockholding business, Barrett Steel has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
We strive to develop long-term partnerships. We are progressive, solution focused and work with our customers to help them realise their project’s full potential. We provide a vital link in the supply chain from producer to customer.
How it feels to work for us
We provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Our people are the driving force behind Barrett Steel and we seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help us build and develop the business. Barrett Steel encourages innovative thinking and has an open door for people to lead and influence change.
All About the Role
Specific tasks include:
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls, emails and marketing campaigns.
- Build partnering relationships to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Close sales and achieve monthly targets as agreed with your line manager.
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects.
- Maximise processing sales by continually expanding orders and up selling on all incoming and outgoing.
- Day to day account management including the raising of quotations/orders
- Ensure that all quotes are followed up within a time frame designated by your manager and that the appropriate people are given feedback in relation to these quotes.
- Maintain an agreed level of pro-active telephone contact with both existing and prospective customers.
- To raise internal complaints when there have been customer service issues in order to assist the company with continuous improvements.
- To maintain customer account details to ensure up to date contact, delivery and unloading information is on file and can exceed our customers’ expectations on customer service.
We offer you
- Barrett Steel Pension
- 21 Days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus
All About You
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
Essential Skills for the role:
- Previous experience in a Sales environment ideally within Retail, Manufacturing, Distribution, Engineering, FMCG or Utility sector (Steel Industry desirable).
- Experience in a face to face sales role is desirable but not essential
- Build strong relationships quickly
- Proactive methodical attitude and approach
- Thrives off working to targets and KPI’s and organised
- Excellent communications, numerical & computer skills
- **There is potential for this role to be partially external/customer facing
Mon – Fri 8.30am to 5.00pm
CompetitiveAlert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.