Established in 1872, they are a leading manufacturer specialising in the design, development, manufacture and supply of High Performance Architectural Hinges, Architectural Hardware, Glass Door Products, Shelving Strip, and Special Hinges for specific or bespoke applications and many other products.
• Phoenix Range (Butt, Continuous, Shelf Support, Hardware, Vision Panels, Pivota etc.)
• Dualway Anti-Barricade Door System (Mental Health Hospitals, Police Stations)
• Pocket Door System (New), internal development in place
• Laser Punch Press Services – subcontract service. Non hinge products
• Phoenix Balustrading (New)
There will be sales engineering requirements of the above products; where you would be applying the following tasks: This is also known as Product Lifecycle Management (PLM). Your main responsibilities will be the following:
• Analysing enquiries and collecting data by communicating to the customer via email, phone or in person
• Coordinate with engineers, sales team, production team and customers to assess the feasibility and methodology of manufacture.
• Calculating manufacturing costs by inputting operational times, material prices and other processes within a cost-calculating model
• Raising official documented quotations via the company’s ERP system and sending to customers
• Following up any quotations and queries
• Processing part numbers, bill of materials, and purchase orders with engineering information and accuracy
• Engineering a design on Autodesk Inventor, with the aid of the customers’ requirements
• Storing all engineering work within Autodesk Vault in an organised fashion
• Issuing all relevant designs and engineering information to the production team for manufacturing purposes
• Assist current customers with information and advice about product ranges.
• The role will require direct liaison with all other departments including manufacturing / engineering / tooling / quality / sub-contract services / warehouse
• To develop a core customer base that would require support through phone, email and face to face customer visits.
• To achieve sales targets (individual & collective) and accomplish a portfolio of clients
• To assist in the development of new products / services
• Any other reasonable tasks as requested
The successful candidate will come from an engineering background, and ideally someone who has already made the move into sales with a proven track record of selling. The individual will have an understanding of manufacturing processes and be able to prepare accurate costing data in order to provide quotations; additionally the individual may have design experience including either 2D or 3D CAD experience which will assist in the development of new products
Completed a Mechanical Engineering qualification, minimum degree level (2:1)
• Clean Current Driving Licence
• Gained commercial experience in a mechanical engineering organisation – Have good administrative skills
• Computer literate and competent in WORD,
• PUBLISHER, EXCEL, POWERPOINT
• Proficient with CAD packages (2D/3D)
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.Alert me to jobs like this.
Set up a job alert.